When we first bought our house my husband and I realized that we'd need to do some work to improve our house. First on the list were new window screens for the windows. We went back and forth on calling a handyman but then we decided to DIY it. And I'm really glad we did!
We went to Home Depot and bought a roll of black window screen mesh, and 2 window screen frame kits for $30 plus tax.
The tricky part about putting the screen together was putting the rubber gasket in place. We found that the screen would ride up the more we rolled the rubber gasket in place. The next challenge was to cut the excess mesh from the window screen frame once everything was in place. We took care of that with a pair of Chinese scissors.
This is the finished product. It looks just as a good as a "professional" screen and I'm really proud that we finished it by ourselves. It just took a little bit of love, patience and elbow grease to get our bathroom window fitted with a brand new window screen.